Where Are Bosch Dishwashers Made (+ Who Makes Them?)

Stefan

Updated on:

Bosch is an international giant, having sold millions of products to people in countries all over the world. While it is a very popular choice for those looking for reliable kitchen appliances, most people know little to nothing about where its products are made. In this article, I’ll be trying to find out  where Bosch dishwashers are made and who makes them.

where-are-bosch-dishwashers-made

Who Makes Bosch Dishwashers?

First off, let’s take a look at who owns Bosch. 94% of the Bosch brand is owned by Robert Bosch Stiftung. The other 6% is owned by Robert Bosch GmbH and by a corporation owned by the Bosch family. This information came directly from Bosch’s official website. Basically, Bosch is owned by various entities within the Bosch company.

Who Makes Bosch Dishwashers 1

(IMAGE SOURCE)

As for who makes Bosch dishwashers, they are made by the Bosch Home Appliance division of BSH Hausgeräte GmbH. This company was founded in 1967 in Germany and it’s a joint venture between BSH Bosch GmbH and Siemens. However, since January of 2015, it is solely owned by the Bosch Group. According to BSH’s official website, it operates around 40 factories worldwide.

Who Makes Bosch Dishwashers 2

(IMAGE SOURCE)

Where are Bosch Dishwashers Made?

As alluded to above, Bosch operates facilities in various countries worldwide. This includes facilities in Germany, China, Spain, Turkey, the US, India, and more.

According to a Q&A page on one of Bosch’s dishwashers being sold on BestBuy, the majority of Bosch dishwashers are made at a factory in New Bern, North Carolina. But some of its specialty models are made in Germany. We have already covered the topic of dishwashers made in Germany for those interested in taking a look.

Where are Bosch Dishwashers Made 1

(IMAGE SOURCE)

After taking a look at some other sources, I found a post by the website Reviewed.USAToday. According to the post, with the exception of Bosch’s German-made 18-inch model, all of its dishwashers are made at its facility in North Carolina.

Where are Bosch Dishwashers Made 2

(IMAGE SOURCE)

It is important to note that I found a handful of third-party sources stating that Bosch’s dishwashers are made in India and China. While I could not verify this, the image related to the BestBuy question was answered by a representative from Bosch.

You would think that a Bosch representative is by far the more reliable source when compared to a couple of third-party articles, but read into that what you will.

As a whole, the vast majority of Bosch’s dishwashers made at its facility in North Carolina. We have already written an article on dishwashers made in the USA for those wanting to take a look at what options are out there.

History of Bosch Dishwashers

Bosch has a long history that spans well over a century. It was founded in 1886, but it wasn’t until 1964 that the company launched its first dishwasher line.

Back in the 1960s, washing machines were mainly used by large businesses like cafes and restaurants. But after Bosch and a handful of other companies started producing smaller household dishwashers, things quickly changed.

However, as for Bosch’s American presence, it wasn’t until 1991 that the company began operating within the US.

According to numerous sources, today, Bosch is the third largest provider of appliances in the world.

When you take a look at the awards that Bosch has accumulated over the years, it is easy to see why it is such a popular choice for people wanting to buy an affordable reliable dishwasher.

Leave a Comment